A cleansing mask with this fine powder works to increase blood circulation and the flow of oxygen to healthy tissue (thus assisting nutrition, repair, regeneration and general resilience to infection). It is naturally detoxifying, antiseptic, curative and balancing. And it absorbs excess oil, exfoliates, rehydrates and delivers essential minerals. Finally, it leaves pores cleaned-out and closed-up for that wonderful smoothness that makes clay such an asset to natural beauty. Particularly suited to sensitive skin (Clay Powder doubles as baby talc), it is also tonic for stressed or irritated skin, and has proved useful in the treatment of both acne and eczema. For even greater therapeutic value we can add Evening Primrose or Rose Hip oil, or it can be blended using Neroli or Rose hydrosol. You can apply a clay mask treatment weekly, fortnightly or monthly, according to skin type. Clay Powder can also be added to the bath for an all-body 'milk' treat.
Create your own deep-cleansing mask for the face or body to soothe sensitive and dry skin and nourish stressed or irritated skin.
Face Mask: purifying
Combine 1 tsp white clay powder, 1 Tbsp Rose Floral Water, 10 drops Rose Hip Oil and 1 drop pure Rose Maroc. Apply to the face and leave for 10-15 minutes. Rinse, then moisturise with Rose Hip Oil.
White clay powder can help to alleviate dandruff. Add 1 Tsp to your conditioner and 5 drops of Rosemary Cineol, mix well, massage into scalp, leave for 5 minutes and rinse well. Repeat once a week.
When blended with disinfecting essential oils such as Tea Tree and Manuka, the detoxifying effects of White Clay are further enhanced to assist the body in drawing out, dissolving and eliminating toxins responsible for boils and cysts under the skin. Apply following mask recipe above to the affected area and repeat as required.
1. Place the clay in a clean bowl - made of enamel, pottery, wood, glass or porcelain, avoid plastic.
2. Mix 3 tsp with 15-30mls filtered water or Hydrosol until smooth.
3. Add 3-6 drps essential oils and 4-10 drops Jojoba Oil.
4. Apply to desired area, if the masque begins to dry too quickly, use a spray of hydrosol to remoisten.
5. Leave on for 15-20 minutes and remove thoroughly with warm water.
6. Follow up with Rejuvenating Face Serum, Pure Unscented Face Cream, Rose Hip, Argan or Jojoba Oil to moisturise.
7. Use within two weeks or store in the fridge.
8. Suitable for weekly applications
Therapeutic plant oils are used to support natural body process for optimum health and wellbeing. The information here is NOT meant as recommendation for cure of any medical condition or disease.